Friends With Money #126: Digging for gold
It's often described as a safe-haven asset, but what makes gold so desirable to everyone from central banks to everyday investors?
On this episode of the Friends With Money podcast, Money's Tom Watson is joined by chief market strategist at the World Gold Council, Joe Cavatoni, to dig into some of the big questions surrounding investing in gold.
- What are the major drivers of demand for gold?
- Why do central banks hold gold?
- How has gold performed in times of economic uncertainty?
- What could happen to gold prices if interest rates fall?
- How can an allocation of gold benefit someone's portfolio?
Get stories like this in our newsletters.