Friends With Money #66: Rentvesting: The investor alternative to buying a home
Love where you live, but can't afford to buy there? It's a conundrum for plenty of Australians, especially in desirable inner-city areas. One often-cited tactic though is rentvesting - i.e. investing in a property elsewhere so you can rent where you want.
That's the topic of discussion on this episode of Friends With Money for Money's Tom Watson and this week's guest, buyer's agent and director of Aus Property Professionals, Lloyd Edge.
- What is rentvesting and what are the benefits?
- Have rate hikes changed the dynamic for first home buyers?
- What should first home buyers look for in an investment property?
- Are there any drawbacks to rentvesting?
- Should rentvesting be part of a long-term investment strategy?
Listen on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3mV0Cbr
Listen on Google Podcasts: https://bit.ly/3qGfsoL
Listen on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/3fSPI2h
Subscribe on YouTube for closed captions and transcripts: https://bit.ly/42VQFMY
Get stories like this in our newsletters.