Friends With Money #68: The dangers of retail therapy
Australians have well and truly indulged in their fair share of online shopping over the pandemic period, but what draws us to spend and why does it make us feel good?
On this week's episode of Friends With Money, Money's Tom Watson is joined by financial therapist Jane Monica-Jones to discuss all things retail therapy. They explore:
- How long has retail therapy been around?
- What makes us want to indulge in it?
- Do you get a bigger rush if you spend more?
- Where is the line between spending as a necessity, and it becoming an addiction?
- What can people do to combat compulsive sending?
If you're struggling with debt, call the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007 to speak to a financial counsellor for free.
Listen on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3mV0Cbr
Listen on Google Podcasts: https://bit.ly/3qGfsoL
Listen on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/3fSPI2h
Subscribe on YouTube for closed captions and transcripts: https://bit.ly/42VQFMY
Get stories like this in our newsletters.