11 funny Christmas quotes to get you through the festive season
"It's beginning to cost a lot like Christmas." Here are some of our favourite Christmas quotes as we come into the silly (spending) season.
1. It's beginning to cost a lot like Christmas.
2. The ideal Christmas gift is money but the trouble is you can't charge it. - Bill Vaughan
3. Did you ever notice that life seems to follow certain patterns? Like I noticed that every year around this time, I hear Christmas music. - Tom Sims
4. Oh, for the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they were out of money.
5. Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. - Dr Seuss
6. There's something about Christmas that's magical. Money just seems to disappear into thin air. - Melanie White
7. This year I plan to start putting off my Christmas shopping extra early!
8. Once again we come to the holiday season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry
9. Christmas is a time when everybody wants his past forgotten and his presents remembered. - Phyllis Diller
10. Christmas is the season when you buy this year's gifts with next year's money.
11. Sending Christmas cards is a good way to let your friends and family know that you think they're worth the price of a stamp. - Melanie White
12. Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and receipts for all major purchases. - Bridger Winegar
13. The principal advantage of the non-parental lifestyle is that on Christmas Eve you need not be struck dumb by the three most terrifying words that the government allows to be printed on any product: Some assembly required. - John Leo
14. Adults can take a simple holiday for Children and screw it up. What began as a presentation of simple gifts to delight and surprise children around the Christmas tree has culminated in a woman unwrapping six shrimp forks from her dog, who drew her name. - Erma Bombeck
15. I love Christmas. I receive a lot of wonderful presents I can't wait to exchange. - Henny Youngman