Disaster relief funding for bushfire victims
If you have been affected by a natural disaster, you might be entitled to a government grant.
The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment (AGDRP) is now available to those who have been adversely affected by the bushfires in Tasmania that began on January 3.
The payment is $1000 per adult and $400 per child,
To be eligible you need to be an Australian resident and have experienced one or more of the following:
- you have been seriously injured;
- you are the immediate family member of an Australian killed as a direct result of the bushfires;
- your principal place of residence has been destroyed or badly damaged;
- you have been unable to gain access to your principal place of residence for at least 24 hours;
- your principal place of residence was without electricity, water, gas, sewage services or another essential service for a continuous period of 48 hours;
- you are the principal carer of a dependent child who has experienced any of the above.
Visit humanservices.gov.au or phone 180 22 66.