Friends With Money #44: Getting comfortable with being uncomfortable
What's the best approach to get ahead in your job? It's time to get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
This week Money's Julia Newbould speaks with behavioural economist and psychologist, Phil Slade, about the need to make the most out of your earning ability. They discuss:
- What does it mean by being comfortable with being uncomfortable?
- Why do we run away from discomfort?
- Why we approach negotiation with scepticism
- Why you have to assume that people will be reasonable
- How to keep the apes at bay
Listen on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3mV0Cbr
Listen on Google Podcasts: https://bit.ly/3qGfsoL
Listen on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/3fSPI2h
Subscribe on YouTube for closed captions and transcripts: https://bit.ly/42VQFMY
Get stories like this in our newsletters.